Looking for some tips and tricks on puppy training or online dog training? Here are some more Games, Activities and Training Tips to Make Your Spaniel Bark for Joy.
How to stop your dog from barking
If you can’t stop your dog from barking, here are some tips:
- Remove the motivation. Your dog gets some kind of reward when he barks.
- Ignore the barking.
- Desensitize your dog to the stimulus.
- Teach your dog the “quiet” command.
- Ask your dog for an incompatible behavior.
- Keep your dog tired
How to house train your puppy
When you start to house train your puppy, try these steps:
- Keep the puppy on a regular feeding schedule and take away his food between meals.
- Take puppy out to eliminate first thing in the morning and then once every 30 minutes to an hour. Also, always take him outside after meals or when he wakes from a nap. Make sure he goes out last thing at night and before he’s left alone.
- Take puppy to the same spot each time to do his business. His scent will prompt him to go.
- Stay with him outside, at least until he’s house trained.
- When your puppy eliminates outside, praise him or give him a treat. A walk around the neighborhood is a nice reward.
How to train your dog basics
How to teach your dog how to sit, down, up and stand
How to teach your dog how to roll over, play dead, sit, and lie down
How to teach your dog how to shake hands
How to teach your dog how to play fetch
How to teach your dog to balance something on their head or nose
Also check out some of these great treats, a great aid in helping to train your pet.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter