The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a lovely dog breed, but they do come with some health issues. One such problem is fur shedding.
In this article we discuss shedding in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, what are the causes and what you can do to treat the issue. While our blog’s mascot is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, these tips apply for any breed.
Do Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Shed a Lot?
The answer is yes; sometimes a lot, sometimes moderate. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breed is blessed with a beautiful coat but you need to invest in grooming and in keeping it healthy. It is important to be aware of this concern before deciding to adopt this breed.
Learn about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel shedding and how to manage it!
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are known for their multicolored coats. However, in order to maintain that shiny coat, they have to shed a lot.
The reality is nobody likes shedding on their clothes or in their house. There are people who are allergic to shed. They need to take special care if they want the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel to be the part of their family. Not only can shedding be problematic with humans, they can also make your Cavalier itchy and uncomfortable.
Facts and Tips about Shedding
With prevention and care one can easily manage and care for the cuddly and friendly Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Some of these tips include simple grooming and maintaining a healthy diet.
Spring and Fall
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel will shed some hair around your home. They particularly shed in spring and fall, but they tend to shed all year due to exposure to artificial light. Female spaniels will shed a lot after each estrus or litter.
Maintain a Healthy Diet
Shedding is also the result of the dog’s environment or its diet, both of which can be changed by you. Changing your Cavalier’s diet can help to reduce the amount of shedding. Purchasing high-quality dog food that will reduce excess shedding.
- Find good deals on allergy diet food on Amazon
- Also check out some allergy diet food recommendations on petcoupon.
Grooming a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
They should be brushed three to four times a week. Regular brushing will reduce shedding as well as make the coat softer and cleaner. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels also enjoy a good brushing and consider it bonding time with you and your pet.
Washing your Cavalier every week with a good dog shampoo can reduce the problem of shed by up to 84%.
- Find good deals on deshedding tools for dogs on Amazon
- Also check out our preferred grooming products on petcoupon.
Filter your Air
Shedding can pollute the air in your house so it’s important you install a High-Efficiency Particulate Air Filter (HEPA) and air purifier for pets. You can also use a lint pick up tool to help keep hair and dander from spreading.
You can also buy a HEPA vacuum cleaner that is specifically designed to tackle the problem of shedding.
- Find good deals on air purification systems on Amazon
- Also check out our preferred air filter products on petcoupon.
Change your Cavalier’s Shampoo
Ask a veterinary surgeon about the best dog shampoo that helps reduce harmful shed waste. Remember to use drain filters as to keep your shower drains from clogging up.
- Find good deals on deshedding shampoo on Amazon
- Also check out our preferred deshedding products on petcoupon.
Cloth your Cavalier
You can put your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in a cute sweater or shirt. This will prevent your dog’s hair from spreading. Dog clothes also help with anxiety and cradle a dogs body which tends to give them comfort. Also check out these pet jumpsuits that can help cover up shedding from Amazon.
Slipcovers around the Home and Car
Dogs love to play using various household items, so its good to purchase furniture that has washable slipcovers. These are also available as dog chair covers for the car. You’ll able to clean shedding of your dog easily. Also keep a lint remover around to pick up some of the excess shed and help to prevent it from flying around. If in the car, simply opening your windows to air out can allow a good amount of shed to leave the car.
- Find good deals on dog chair covers for home and auto on Amazon
- Also check out our preferred chair covers on petcoupon.
Always use the best de-shedding tools which can significantly reduce shedding in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
Remember to brush your Cavalier King Charles Spaniels routinely to eliminate more shed. Find top dog hair brushes for shedding & grooming.
- Find good deals on dog deshedding tools on Amazon
- Also check out our preferred deshedding tools on petcoupon.
Combating pet hair is common for all pet owners, but a roll on lint remover is not always enough. You need a pet vacuum.
Pet owners might expect that a pet vacuum, with the word “pet” in the model name would do, but some vacuums simply work better than others. Others also offer filtration, high power features, tools and accessories, etc.
Vacuums come in many shapes and sizes. Some are more portable than others. There are upright, canister, all-round, cordless stick, hand held, even motorized robots.
How do you choose a vacuum? When choosing a vacuum, look out for some of these considerations:
- Price. Price often coincides with the quality of a product. As with most things, you get what you pay for.
- Durability. Depending on how long you want your vacuum to last, durability is often a factor. Will it be used indoors, outdoors, banged around, etc.?
- Effectiveness is a big consideration. Does it pick up hair well? Pet hair gets stuck in small crevices, and often between cloth threads and fabric, making it even harder to pull and pick up.
- Allergies? If you suffer from allergies, best vacuums have HEPA filters and significantly reduce allergens in the air.
- Also find great deals on pet vacuums on Amazon
- Also check out our preferred vacuum products on petcoupon.
No wonder the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is one of the happiest dogs in the world. All that pampering! If you have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel at home, follow these shedding tips to manage shedding and keep your pup as happy as can be.
For more information about grooming Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, check out these articles:
- Best Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
- Dog Grooming Tips Every Human Must Know
- Keeping Your Dog Well Groomed
- Why Do Dogs Shed?
Check out Pet Coupon website for gift ideas and deals for quality products to help maintain your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel’s beautiful coat.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter